Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Strawberries – Raw – Smooshed – maybe two cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- A bottle or something to store the end result
- A strainer
- A Funnel
How to :
- Heat up the water,
- Add the sugar slowly, when the water gets close to boiling
- Add the smushed strawberries..
- Stir and Smush. Smush and stir.
- Strain the syrup into a bottle. My strainer and funnel nest so I did this in one step.
- Save the strawberry smush as a topping.
I have made simple syrup for cocktails a couple of times. I have also bought it from the store.
Last weekend, I was at the farmers market. Strawberries were $7 for a flat. $7 for 8 pints. I bought two. Gave a couple to the neighbors. Ate a bunch. Put some up for later.
Then I made Strawberry Simple Syrup. It is AMAZING on Hawaiian Ice. I need to do some additional research on how it tastes in an Old Fashion. #ilovescience